Guide & Application of
Children's Hope International
Do you have
"How to Adopt"
We invite you to
call us toll
China Adoption Agency
- working for
China Waiting Children
Children's Hope International is a full service,
licensed, not-for-profit 501(C)(3) international adoption and
development aid agency working in all states.
Children's Hope International is accredited by the
Hague, and also accredited by the Council on
Accreditation (COA), which is the highest level possible for an
international adoption agency.
CHI has International Offices with bi-lingual
staff that understand both cultures. CHI has professional outreach coordinators for each U.S. state.
Children's Hope International has experienced, trained and caring staff
giving you caring and professional services
throughout the entire process of adoption.
on China waiting
FREE copy of our Guide for China Adoption.
Our form is safe and
confidential, we will never share any personal contact
information without your consent.
China adoption .
. China waiting children
WAIT ANY LONGER
773 647 2610
to learn more
highly respected and experienced
China adoption agency with deep
roots in China since 1982. First
organized as Children's Hope
Children's Hope International is a
leading adoption agency and one of the first agencies
to begin China adoption. The agency
is grateful for the trust that
thousands of families have put in
Children's Hope International and for their China
Adoption. No one is trusted
more for China adoptions than
Children's Hope International.
is the sole focus of our China
Teams in the U.S. and in China.
It is a strong program of Children's
Hope International with a staff of
more than thirty personally
dedicated to China adoptions.
An invisible red thread connects those who
are destined to meet, regardless of time,
place, or circumstance. The thread may
stretch or tangle, but will never break."
--An ancient Chinese belief
- Married couples 30 to 50 years old are eligible to adopt from China and must be at least 30 years old when the dossier is registered in China.
- Married couples 30 to 55 years old are eligible to adopt a Waiting Child from China.
- Couples 30 to 40 may apply to adopt a child 6 to 18 months old.
- Couples 40 to 45 may apply to adopt a child 12 to 36 months old.
- Couples 45 to 50 may apply to adopt a child 36 months +
- Couples 51 to 55 may apply only to adopt through the Waiting Child Program.
- China bases eligibility on each person's age. If one spouse is under 30 or one spouse is over 55, the couple is not eligible to adopt.
- Diagnosed with major depression or any other severe mental health concerns;
- Current diagnosis of depression or anxiety or currently on medication for depression or anxiety. Must be treatment and medication free for over 2 years.
- History of alcoholism within the last 10 years;
- Any major surgery or transplant within the last 10 years; contact our office with questions.
- One or both parents use a wheelchair or mobility aid; or missing limbs.
- No history of cancer
- No disease in infectious stage.
- If either parent has a severe disease which requires long-term treatment and which affects life expectancy, like malignant tumors, epilepsy. lupus, nephrosis, etc.
- No blindness. No deafness unless adopting a deaf child.
- BMI over 40. Use this calculator to determine your BMI
- The family must show a positive net worth (assets vs. liabilities) of at least $80,000.00.
- There must also be an income earning of over $10,000 per person in the household, including the adopted child.
- Adoptive parents must demonstrate an annual minimum combined income of $30,000. This represents $10,000 per adult + $10,000 for the adopted child. An additional $10,000 income is required for each additional person in the household. For example, a married couple with two children living in the home must earn at least $50,000
- Current warrants or currently on probation.
- History of drug use or charges.
- Any arrest for a violent crime (examples: assault)
- History of domestic violence, sex abuse, abandonment or abuse of children, even if they are not arrested or incriminated.
- Any felonies.
- If the first marriage, couples must be married over 2 years.
- If either spouse has 1-2 divorces, the current marriage needs to be a minimum of 5 years.
- Couples where one or both spouses have 3 or more divorces are not eligible.
- Couples with less than 5 children under 18 years old living in the household may adopt from China.
- Couples with adult children (not living in the home) may adopt from China.
- Couples with more than 4 children in the family; but not all live at home, may adopt from China.
- If there are more than 4 children living in the household; family may adopt only through the Waiting Children's program. Please contact
Mary.House@childrenshope.net to discuss your specific situation.
- If you have recently given birth to a child, you must wait until the child is 12 months old to submit your dossier to China.
- If you have recently adopted a child from China, you must wait until after you have submitted the 12 month post-placement report to submit your dossier to complete another adoption from China.
- Families with religious beliefs that prohibit any kind of medical treatment, including blood transfusions, for the child, will not be eligible to adopt. According to the CCAA this includes religions that use alternatives to blood transfusions, as this is not available in every country.
- One adoptive parent must be a U.S. citizen
- If one parent is not a U.S. citizen; the other parent (who is a U.S. citizen) must travel to China to complete the adoption.
- If you are a U.S. citizen living abroad, Children's Hope can help you to adopt from China.
Most Chinese babies and children available
for adoption are girls—about 95%.
are taking approximately
for a waiting child. 7 years for
of love to China will be approximately
2 months after receiving
will make their own international flight
arrangements. All in-country flights and
accommodations will be made by
Children's Hope International in
You will be
met and assisted the entire time by
Children's Hope International bi-lingual
coordinators in Beijing, Guangzhou and
the other cities.
have about 14 very special days there
in Beijing and the other cities
before returning home with your
is complete in Guangzhou.
China Adoption Procedure
Fill out the China adoption
which can be downloaded here.
Children's Hope will send you a
China Adoption Guide
which gives step by step procedures.
consultant will counsel
you through every step in preparing
your paperwork. In our forms section
you will find all necessary forms
and instructions for China adoption,
with direct contact to all
your Dossier is finished,
Children's Hope will send
it to our staff in Beijing to be
submitted to the CCAA.
will identify a child for
you in regular procedures.
Waiting children will identified by
A Referral will include pictures of your
child, a medical, and all available
your acceptance of your
Referral, Children's Hope
International will notify CCCWA, who
will give you Travel
Approval. Travel is approx. 2
months after referral.
China adoption arrangements and
appointments will be made for you.
You will be
met and assisted by CHI staff until the
adoption is completed.
14 days in Beijing and the other Chinese
China Adoption Cost
Even though our cost is among the lowest of
all agencies we are committed to giving
families the very best care and service.
estimated total cost of the China
Adoption but not including travel is:
$12,920.00 (for the year of 2008)
estimated total cost of China adoption
and travel for two
is: $18,520.00 (2008)
This does not include INS application fee,
local home study, fees for certification and
authentication from Chinese Embassy, or
Fees will be payable only as services are
rendered with the exception of Post
Placement fees. No fees are refundable after
services are rendered.
for China Adoption
Click here to receive free
guides. Or call us if you like and we will
air mail China Adoption Guide to you. Call
toll free 888-899-2349 or send e-mail to
Children with medical needs are available.
The China adoption program has a list of
these special Waiting Chinese Children
available for adoption on our password
protected website, CHIFamily.net. In
order to view the children, you must have an
approved application with Children's Hope
Click here for more information
Click on the picture to
contact families who
have adopted from China.
to talk about China adoption and
China waiting children
many hopeful China waiting
of China Waiting Children
are babies, some are
are school-aged children
who have been waiting for
moms and dads. Some
have minor health issues,
some have more serious
concerns. Many are
post-operative kids who have
had the surgeries they
needed but missed an
opportunity to find an
adoptive family. Every
one of these kids is
special. Each one is waiting
for a family to love.
moms and married couples
can adopt these special
kids in a relatively
short time. Once you
have applied to the
program and have
home-study, we will work
with you to find the
child who is right for
explore all of the links
on the left side menu to
learn how you can be
united with your China
to make you smile....
on the play video
button and take a look
at a video
presentation of some
of the many Waiting
Children who have come
home as Forever Sons
about China waiting
children and China
Giving personal attention and
absolute Integrity for families
All Dreams begin with Hope